Envelope

Envelope

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

November 9, 1926

Nicest,

Here's a tentative program, subject, of course, to your approval.  None of the suggestions are imperative, so that you will not feel reluctant to make changes if you like.

Friday evening is set aside for the annual Homecoming celebration, which will, I suppose, take the form of a big dance (public in its nature). We can go to it or to a show, or just be together, as you like.

Saturday morning - you are to sleep as late as you like, and meet me for lunch. Sat. afternoon the game. [1] Sat. eve to the new Keith Palace [2], just opened, and later to my fraternity's dance at the Virginia Hotel. The afternoon and evening with my friends (almost brother and sister) Mr. & Mrs. Homer Tranthann.

My only fear is that I'll not see you enough, away from the public, and I do want to make the most of my opportunities to tell you how sweet you are.

Wire which way you are coming, and don't promise to go back anytime with anybody! I might want to keep you, you know.

I hope you'll care as much or more, on Monday, as you do today. [3]

Andy
_________________________________________________________________________________
[1] The 1926 OSU Homecoming was notable for one of the most notorious pranks ever perpetrated - the election of  Maudine Ormsby as Homecoming Queen. Maudine was a Holstein cow. OSU lost to Michigan, 17-16.
[2] The Keith Palace is now the Palace Theatre.

[3] Evidently she did. At some point over the Homecoming weekend, Andy and Dottie became engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment