Envelope

Envelope

Saturday, August 8, 2015

March 20, 1927

My dear Sweetheart,

Mother's note explains itself. I was very much disappointed that things would not be ready when you came. But mother felt that you were acquiescing in the suite at Charlie's place, mainly because you wanted to be agreeable. I hope that you haven't done that. I'll go along next time, and judge for myself whether or not you are really pleased. Mother was dissatisfied because Charlie could offer no choice; and she thinks a lot of the Dustproof feature. She also thought that you'd enjoy another shopping trip - so tho things won't be ready, I hope you'll not feel too badly.

It was great to have you with us again - a grand and glorious feelin' to have you greet me on my return from the office - a wonderful taste of the good things in store for me when you're mine. Everybody seems to be as much in love with you as I am. Some have warned me that I'll have my hands full, and that I'll have to toe the mark pretty well, to wed the good looking girl I've succeeded in fooling so badly. It wasn't right that you had to go so soon. By every right I should have you in my arms at this very minute.

Yesterday, last night and today we had several hard rains. The lake next door is way up. The creek is within a few feet of the top of its banks. Dada predicts floods.  These week end rains are becoming a little monotonous - but I don't let them worry me too much.  One really can enjoy wet weather, I've found.

Another death pretty close to the office on Saturday a.m. Miss Macklin, wife of one of the firm's best clients died in Cinti. When I left you Friday I went to the funeral, then back to the office for a few minutes. Wheile there I received an accident report which said that the little son of a very good friend had been run down by an auto. I went to the home and found that the boy is not badly hurt. He has a gash in his chin which will probably become a scar, however. I can tell you that the parents are glad that they still have their boy.

It's wonderful how little kiddies tie a family together. The satisfaction a father and mother must have in guiding the little fellows along the way must be a recompense for the mother's suffering.

Mother and Dad are now writing to Claude and Laura. I wondered if you saw Helen, and got back O.K. And if the store is now off your hands for good.

I expect to see you Saturday, if nothing happens between now and then. But the folks insist that I start back Sunday evening. So plan things that way. I do not want to take Monday from the office - because in just a couple of weeks I'll want Thurs, Fri and Sat at least, won't I.

Tonight I'd like to be with you - to tuck you in and whisper, "I love you, sweet." But you know I love you, and want you, and that April 8 cannot come too soon for

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment