Envelope

Envelope

Monday, July 13, 2015

March 2, 1927

My dear girl,

April 8 or any earlier date you choose will suit me perfectly. When I think about the foolish choice you have made though, I wonder if April 1 would not be better (Joke). I do not regret the loss of my "freedom", for there is a compensation in some form or other for that. If I lose my freedom, I gain you, and that's far more than an even trade.

Have you heard from Ira Spenney? It has been more than a week since I wrote him, and I have had no acknowledgement or indication that he sent the rings to you. Perhaps you, too, had better write. I'd rather hate to have the same thing occur that did at Christmas.

Convince Mother V. that no big affair is necessary or desired. Keep up your courage and dpon't back out at the last minute - cause I'll spank you if you do. It's very nice of Ross to make the trip - and we must of course see that he is not inconvenienced too much. You said nothing about the trunks etc. Do you want me to bring any of Homer's or my equipment?

And will you love me when I'm fat? And gray? You may have to, unless you desire to put me on a diet. Not that I've put on any weight, but dad and grandad have been a little heavy - so you can never tell.

Are you coming for the basketball tournament and for the dance on the 9th? I hope so, you bet. My sweetheart, it has been long between glimpses of you - and it's still a long time until April when I can call you mine - really mine. But you are worth waiting for. When a girl like my Dot falls for me - m-m-m- but I'm proud. I love you, dear, and I'm so happy to have won you.

Andy

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet unconditional love. I want to sit in the audience at that wedding!

    ReplyDelete