Envelope

Envelope

Thursday, July 3, 2014

January 23, 1927 (Dottie to Andy)

Honey, dear:

Just one week ago at this time I almost didn't get to kiss you goodbye. I caught you at it tho didn't I? Remember?

Cathleen and Bob came over with Russ last night and were here all night. We all went over home to-day. Ralph was there too. Honey, I wished for you so much and I still do. There's nothing just right any more without you. I love you dear and want you. Am I lonesome? Well, I guess!

There was another accident last night. An old girl friend of mine and her fiancé were struck by a Penna. train at the main crossing in M.P. and instantly killed. They were to be married Easter. Don't sound so good does it?

Honey, dear, the more I think about it the more I feel that it would be the best thing if we would be married in Louisville. We won't need to stay any longer than we care to! Course there's a lot of time yet to finish our plans. We'll talk it over some more next time you come.

The folks at the store are all anxious to know when it's all going to happen but I'm not telling. I told Boots' brother yesterday that I wasn't going to be his sister-in-law. He just couldn't getg over it. Quite disappointed. Finally he ended up by saying "Oh well I thot Boots was too dumb for you anyway". Quite a compliment to cast upon his brother, don't you think?

Don't think I'm lazy, Andy - but if you're not able to make all this letter out it's because I'm writing it in bed. I just couldn't sleep, until I talked to you a little.

In the morning at eight, I go to the dentist again. Two fillings, a porcelain and a silver. Dread it just a little. I may take gas, if it hurts too badly, for the porcelain.

"Night dear"
Your Dot

PS - I feel fine again, my cold's almost gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment