Envelope

Envelope

Sunday, July 6, 2014

January 25, 1927

Li'l Sweetheart:

Gee! It is a long time until Easter. And its been a long time since I saw you. I guess its well that I don't see you oftener, though, because each time that I come to Lima, I keep you up so long that you are made ill within a few days. Are you well again? I'll have to blame that cold on the trip to M.P.

You may tell Russ that I'll be glad to help in any way I can to get his car fixed up. I'm glad no one was hurt and I expect all of you are, too.

I'm beginning to sympathize with Bob. Its strange how news travels. Everyone in the Church, I think, has come to me with congratulations. I'm beginning to realize what a lucky chap I am. Fear is in my heart, though, lest when you know me better, you'll find that I won't do. Please be patient with me, and I'll try to satisfy you.

I don't know of a thing worse to wish for you, than that you'll have to spend a hundred years with me.

Last night, mother and I attended a meeting of the new Bexley Improvement association. And what a lot of windy speeches we heard! We are liking Bexley as a place to live, and I'm sure that you will, too. I sleep like a top, and the air is fine - no noise - little dust - only you are needed to make it perfect.

More and more I've come to realize what a hard pull the young lawyer, starting alone, must have. I'm getting little business for myself - so little that I could not live if I were dependent on it alone. And my acquaintance in Cols. is not small. But of course I'm not expected to bring in a large volume of business. And I see that Ted does not bring in much either, so that there is no reason to feel discouraged.

I have gotten so that I hate almost to go anywhere. I see young couples coming in together, and I must walk in alone. I want you with me. Lets go and go faster.

I love you, dearest, more than I can tell you. Without you, I'm lost. I'll be happy when you're with me - to stay.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment