Envelope

Envelope

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

January 28, 1927 (Dottie to Andy)

Sweetheart:

Hurrah! for Elsie. How I would love to have been there to walk in with you last eve. She sure is a pain if anybody is. Honey I know that I never talked to you like she does before you "asked me to marry you" (I mean that you asked me too), did I?

Billie pulled another one to-day. Guess you'll have to watch him. He said "Mother when will I get married?" She answered "Well when you grow up and find a girl you really love." After considering the matter a while he said "Well I believe I'll marry Aunt Dottie." So that's that. He hasn't asked me yet tho.

My cold has gone completely. Please don't blame yourself on being the cause of my catching it. I think I got it from the rest of the gang at the store. Don't forget I want you to come whenever possible. Late hours once in a while won't hurt me a bit, I know. Gee it's worth an awful lot to me.

I was just a little awkward at the store to-day. I was breaking some chocolate coating with my hammer and hit my thumb on the left hand, consequently mashing it. Don't feel very good yet. Besides that everything is O.K.

Wish you were going to be here to-morrow dear. I'm getting lonesome for you. "It won't be long now tho".

All yours
Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment